Sunday 28 July 2013

INTERNATIONAL ZINE MONTH: Zine Library & Education week (week 4)



Welcome to week 4 of International Zine Month 2013, a week dedicated to zine libraries and educating others about zines!  This was a difficult week for me, as I'm struggling to find the time to do the more in-depth tasks in the evenings after my full-time job, but anything I miss I'm going to return to eventually. :)

21 – International Zine Library Day! Visit your local zine library!
Unfortunately I don't have a local zine library, but I have added a list of all current zine libraries to the blog sidebar for readers to peruse.  Info about how to visit and how to submit your zines to their collections can be found here.

22 – Send your zine to a zine library.
I sent mine to Salford Zine Library

23 – Make a 1 page zine. 
Didn't have time to do this yet, but I have planned it out and made a start on it.  I'll finish it next week, promise!

24 – Organize your zine collection.
Didn't have time to do this yet either. Bah, I am such a big cheat.  

25 – Teach a friend or family member about zines.
All of my friends and family members already know about zines, as I excitedly blather to them about zine culture on a regular basis! Instead, I've put up an educational page on my blog all about zines, what they are and where to find them.  Please share with anyone you think would be interested!

26- Submit something to a compilation zine.
Although I didn't have time to complete my submission this week, I'm going to submit something soon to Shape and Situate, one of my favourite feminist compzines.

27 – Organize a zine event! A zine reading or a zine fair or fest or even just for friends to get together and work on their zines.
I had planned a beach day with my friends where we were going to read and trades zines - unfortunately a load of my friends couldn't make it at the last minute so this didn't happen, but it was due to factors out of my control.  I ended up going surfing instead, and read some zines when I got in!

EXTRA CREDIT: read a zine every day.







Next week is the final week of International Zine Month 2013 - JUST FOR FUN week (my favourite!).  What will you be getting up to?  Don't forget to share your blog posts, tweets, and photos with us! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment