Monday 15 July 2013

INTERNATIONAL ZINE MONTH: Postal Appreciation week (week 2)


Hello zinesters!  How are you finding International Zine Month so far?  Here at Spill the Zines I'm taking part in all 31 tasks for IZM as set by Alex Wrekk; make sure you follow my progress on Facebook and Twitter! Here's what I did this week:




7 – Make or decorate some envelopes or postcards to get ready for the week.  
This was fiddly, but lots of fun! See pic below.

8- Make a little flyer for your zine to send out with orders and see if other people will trade for stacks of them so you can all promote each other (beginning of Ramadan, Muslim zine friends can pick back up on August 8th).
Done!  I've also been organising flyer trades via this We Make Zines group.  Here's the STZ flyer:




And here's my perzine flyer:




9 – Write a letter to a zine maker that you don’t know.
I wrote to Donna, the lady behind UK perzine Tragic Boffin, letting her know how much I've enjoyed reading her zines recently.

10 – Send a care package to a zine creator that you do know.
I sent mine to my zine friend Rachel, who has been going through a bit of a difficult time at the moment.  I included some flyers, minizines, pin badges, stickers, and some herbal tea.




11 – Make some mail art!
Not being very technically skilled, my idea of mail art mostly consisted of gluing stickers, card-making decorations and bits of coloured paper onto my envelopes, but it was still lots of fun, and quite rewarding.




12 – Send your zine out to be reviewed.
I sent mine to Pushpin Zines, a zine blog created by the lady behind Asking for Trouble zine and craft distro.

13 – Zine Trade Day! Ask someone if they would like to trade zines with you.
I'm currently working on the 12th issue of my perzine, and have been arranging lots of advanced trades with my UK zine comrades via Twitter :)

14 – ValenZINE’s Day! Write to your zine crush, or write to ZineCrush.com
My zine crush is Miss Tukru, the talented lady behind Your Pretty Face... and Vampire Sushi distro.  I wrote her a little love postcard :)

Read a zine every day
Here are mine from the week:













This week is ZINE DISTRIBUTION WEEK - what will you be getting up to?  Start with today's task - leave a zine in public for someone else to find :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment